Bringing Ancient History To Life
The Biblical History Center (formerly called Explorations in Antiquity) in LaGrange, Georgia helps people encounter the ancient biblical world through its history and culture. Through authentic archaeological replicas, Biblical meal presentations, daily life artifacts in the Biblical Life Artifacts Gallery, lectures, and other personal experiences, ancient Middle Eastern life comes back to life today.
Experience ancient biblical life and times as you:
- Step back into time as you sit in an authentic goat hair tent like the nomadic shepherds have lived in for thousands of years.
- See tombs like those in which Abraham and Jesus were buried and catacombs like early Christians used for worship.
- Visit a village and city gate area to see what life was like 2000 years ago.
- Dine with the ancients as you share a Passover Meal much like that which Jesus ate at the Last Supper.
- Enter the Time Tunnel and learn about the worship practices of pagans, Jews, and Christians from 2500 BCE to 500 CE by exploring replicas of excavated houses of worship from Israel.
- Sit in the Roman Theater based on ancient theaters around the Roman world.
- See 250 ancient artifacts in real-life settings in the Biblical Life Artifacts Gallery.
These opportunities and so many more wait for you at the Biblical History Center! We hope that your visit to our web site will be the first step towards your journey to visit us in person.
HOURS OF OPERATION
OPEN: March - December, Tuesday through Saturday, 10 AM to 6 PM
January and February, Tuesday - Saturday, 10 AM to 5 PM
CLOSED: Sundays and Mondays and
New Years Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and
the first Tuesday following President's Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day